Until now, the only solution for end‐stage chronic liver disease was transplantation. Now ISSL brings you a much‐needed alternative in adult stem cell therapy.
Chronic liver damage causes scar tissue to slowly replace healthy liver tissue and leads to a progressive decline in blood supply through the liver. Over time, liver function degenerates and the natural regenerative capacity of the liver is not sufficient to off‐set the chronic damage.
Chronic liver failure can be caused by a number of factors, the main ones being alcohol, hepatitis A and B, and fatty liver disease.
Who needs therapy?
Patients who need a liver transplant should seriously consider this safe and effective alternative. There is no wait for treatment and the cost is much more affordable than that for transplantation.
What can ISSL offer?
ISSL offers a unique form of therapy using autologous (patient’s own) adult stem cells.
The safety and efficacy of the treatment has been proved. Clinical results have been published in the leading scientific journal, Transplantation Proceedings (May 2008).
All treated patients showed improvement in major liver function tests (see chart).
There were no incidents of adverse effects
Numerous other studies around the world have also proven the safety and effectiveness of this therapy. Contact us to know more about these studies.
How can you receive treatment?
• Contact ISSL to schedule an appointment with our board‐certified doctors. If you would like to involve your physician in the process, we would be happy to work with them.
• After initial evaluation and case review, our doctors qualify the patient for
• Patient is admitted into one of our state‐of‐the‐art therapy centers. A qualified and experienced physician will be assigned to design an individualized therapy regimen.
• Stem cells are harvested, enriched in our cGMP facilities and re‐implanted into the patient.
• The treatment duration is usually 1 – 2 days. Doctors qualify the patient for discharge after post‐treatment evaluation.
• Patient is required to attend all follow‐up procedures at our center or with their own physician.